Extremely high powers sometimes make it necessary to flatten the edge of the aperture. This rules out the possibility of sharp edges causing injury and guarantees that the sides of the frame can be properly closed. By far the major benefit of lenticulars, however, is the reduction of volume and weight which they permit.
ZEISS Single Vision Lenticular lenses (available in mineral 1.5 and 1.7 material) have been specially designed for high myopia. The edge thickness around the aperture is reduced to a minimum, resulting in a step between the flattened margin and the aperture.Apart from contact lenses, lenticular lenses are frequently the only technical possibility available to correct high myopia.
- Lenticular grinding technique for thinner lenses
- Lightweight lenses: considerable weight reduction compared to ZEISS Single Vision Sph 1.5 and to glass lenticular lenses
- High quality vision
- Anatomic fitting of the spectacles is possible without restriction (angle of pad arms), hence greater wearing comfort than with traditional lenses
- The spectacle sides can be closed without difficulty, and the (spare) spectacles fit comfortably into any standard case
- The high refractive index of ZEISS Single Vision Lenticular Mineral 1.7 offers additional benefits: the lenses are even thinner and more attractive
- Recommended power range: high myopia from -14.00 D to sph -20.00 D
- AR coating recommended due to higher reflectance
- Super ET - super effect! With Clean Coat for easy lens care
- The frame should always be chosen so that the distance between the optical centres is not much larger than the patient’s PD, as pronounced inward decentration reduces the size of the aperture
- A second pair of spectacles is always recommended for patients with high myopia
ZEISS on yksi maailman johtavista silmälasilinssien valmistajista, ja se on sitoutunut tarjoamaan maksimaalista tarkkuutta ja mukavuutta. ZEISS suunnittelee ja tuottaa linssejä, välineitä ja mittausjärjestelmiä sekä vähittäismyyntijärjestelmiä, jotka nostavat jatkuvasti rimaa silmien hoidon alalla.